I am enjoying the sessions and this resonated with me
Many people believe that it takes two to make a conflict, but you only need one car to have an accident! When you examine what brought you to this place, you’ll have better information to help you move through it. If you’re internally stuck, you can still go through both sides of the situation and look at the conflicting feelings, patterns, and facts that are leading to the stagnation you feel.
Today I sent our Impact Report to our funding partners. I shared my personal joy at getting the best return on investment for the organisations we work with who have all recognised investing in young people (K-12, higher education, early career) is where Australia is going to have the most impact. Young people may only be 20% of the population but they are 100% of the future and very importantly young people are aware and they are active and they have the capacity to take others on the journey .
I shared that 2022 has been a rewarding year for me.
- The highlight has been getting $ from the National Careers Institute to protype a workforce strategy that any sector can replicate and scale.
- Receiving state Government and Vincent Fairfax Family Foundation funding for the Young Environmental Champions program
- Our YFC being invited to speak at conferences across the world
I also shared my frustrations and hopes and dreams
Whilst I enjoy supporting young people (K-12, higher education and early career) to take action on issues that matter to them, the agriculture sector remains a sector I don’t understand and continues to frustrate me.
- The agriculture invests in programs that aim to lift young people up whilst the wider culture in the sector rewards them for learning to fit in, for staying small, for not self-promoting. Cynthia Mahoney touched on it in a recent YFC workshop
- The agriculture sector is desperately short of labour but has no workforce strategy
- The agriculture sector has very black mark for modern slavery – yet appears to makes no real effort to address it
In 2022 will we have the courage to hold up a mirror to ourselves and ask the big question ?